Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keeping Warm in a cold world

Exam time, essay time, stress time... and you know what that means kids... IM WRITING ANOTHER IDIOTIC POST.

It's been a few days since the last one... I've had some personal stuff but I'm back.

The weather bores me. It means everyone needs to be bundled and covered, but in reality people are taking advantage of the weather to try some new stuff. Some one decided big coats were overrated but tell that to the legions of people wearing Canada Goose Jackets. Whoever said that probably never walked through any sector of U of T. Everyone no matter what college, program or ethnic background... has been seen in and around these coats... But is it too late to get on the Canada Goose tip?

I think its probably about to peek soon. They're a tad on the COSTLY side of the spectrum, and thanks to Chris Sivry, I was made aware than using Goose down is actually illegal in Canada. If you're allergic to Duck - Stay away.

Otherwise its pretty cool. I like the material for the most part. It seems durable, but also easy to wear hanging open so you can let some scarves or other accessories hang out. If you're wearing some bling worth $100K, you should deff look into a loud colour for this coat... and no matter the temperature, wear this thing wide open, rock some shades and enjoy being rich. As they say, "I've been rich and I've been poor... and its better being rich!"







For me... I like to wear the HOBO coat I bought last year from H&M, which is essentially the source of everything I wear. It's not really too warm, or too tidy, it looks more messy and old school, but I think I rock it O.K. Last year it was ZANY for me because no one had coats like this, but I'm happy people embrace the big coat this year.

What about pea coats... they're very practical, with their pockets and warmth, AND they're almost as cool as they we're when sailors wore them, and they're more affordable and versatile. They're actually very warm. I have an OLD NAVY one I bought last year and it is actually quite nice. It is a bit big as I still have to grow into it... thanks Mammina!

Meh, other than that my life has been uneventful. I've been complaining about "issues" I've been having in my own petty personal life, but on the grand scheme. Who cares.... my native high school. St. Joan of Arc CHS in Maple, Ontario has lost 3 students this year so far to accidents in the streets of the province. My deepest condolences go out to the families of the victims, and to the SJA community who is already nursing wounds from the death of another brother earlier in the year!

Thanks to The Clash - London Calling for the soundtrack for this post... and some coldplay... i think the song is called 42.

London is drowning and I live by the river!


No comments:

Post a Comment